Tennessee Orange and Olive Green take on GORE-TEX©.
The story of how three bold components became one with the help of the University of Tennessee, the military and GORE-TEX©.
It started in the ’90s when colleges and universities requested a more durable fabric to protect their teams and coaches from the ever-changing weather conditions. This simple request prompted the relationship between Boathouse and GORE-TEX©, which gave us exclusive rights to create custom outerwear using the GORE-TEX© fabric.
A few years later, in 1996, the University of Tennessee asked Boathouse to design GORE-TEX© jackets for their football team. The famous Pantone color 151C, was inspired by the center of the American daisy that grew on the Hill leading up to Ayres Hall. Twenty-five years later, Boathouse still has rolls left over on the shelves of our warehouse. Pairing the Orange with our custom-dyed Olive Green GORE-TEX© fabric, created to outfit the U.S. Military, we have RECLAIMED the two colors to become one in our iconic Stevenson silhouette, made right here, in our U.S. factory.
- Seam Sealed
- Light Weight
- Orbital Shoulder Gusset™ for superior movement
- Lined in Micro-Mesh for moisture-wicking
- Open cape for ventilation
- Drawcord bottom opening with cord lock for easy fit adjustment
- Extended tail to sit on for warmth
- Side zippered back pocket for storage out of the way when in the catch position
- Classic fit falls away from your body with room for layering
- Rollaway hood with storm flap
- Velcro® elastic cuff closures